Monday 22 June 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
My Sister's Keeper, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues or The Punisher: No Mercy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 22 June 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 June
- Washington Metro train collision: Two Metro trains collide in Washington, D.C., USA, killing 9 and injuring over 80.
- Eastman Kodak Company announces that it will discontinue sales of the Kodachrome Color Film, concluding its 74-year run as a photography icon.
- A subway train derailment and collision on the Red Line of the Washington Metro kills at least nine and injures at least 70. (WTOP)
- 2009 Iranian election protests:
- The Iranian Revolutionary Guard warns that it will 'crush' any further protests. (Al Jazeera)
- Iranian riot police in large numbers clash with about 3,000 protesters in Tehran. (Guardian)
- A major international conference in Sydney looks at how to expand Internet domain names. (ABC)
- A plan to create a modern Silk Route of roads and railways linking East Asia with Europe makes its first substantial progress. (BBC)
- Brazilian officials identify the first 11 of 50 bodies recovered from Air France Flight 447. (AFP via Google)
- Officials gather in Madeira to strike a deal on whaling, with Japan and Iceland likely to insist on their right to hunt. (Al Jazeera)
- For the first time in 136 years, the Congress of France convenes in the Palace of Versailles to listen to an address by the President of France, Nicolas Sarkozy. (Associated Press)
- Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai insists the coalition government is tackling the country's dire humanitarian and economic crisis at a talk at Southwark Cathedral in London. (Sky News)
- Conservative MP John Bercow is elected the new Speaker of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom. (BBC)
- The email at the heart of the Utegate scandal in Australia is declared a forgery by Federal Police. (News Limited)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?