Friday 22 September 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Essex and Elizabeth, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1939 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Timothy E Wirth: (Rep-D-Colorado, 1975- ).
- Mike Sullivan: American politician (Governor-Wyoming).
- Bogdan Baltazar: Romanian economist and engineer (d. 2012).
- Deborah Lavin: South African-English historian and academic.
- Gilbert Patterson: American bishop (d. 2007).
- Junko Tabei: Japanese mountaineer, first female to summit Mount Everest
- Gilbert Earl Patterson: American minister (d. 2007)
- Joint victory parade of Wehrmacht and Red Army in Brest-Litovsk at the end of the Invasion of Poland.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?