Thursday 21 September 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Essex and Elizabeth, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1939 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:21 September
- Armand Calinescu: Romanian prime-minister (assassinated) (Born 1893).
- Reinhard Heydrich meets in Berlin to discuss final solution of Jews
- Romanian Prime Minister Armand Calinescu is assassinated by ultranationalist members of the Iron Guard.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?