Thursday 28 September 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elbridge Bryant and Stuart Kauffman.
Essex and Elizabeth, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1939 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Elbridge Bryant: American singer and dancer (The Temptations) (d. 1975).
- Stuart Kauffman: American biologist and academic.
- Rudolph Walker: Trinidadian-born British actor.
- Felicjan Szopski: Composer, dies at 74.
- Estonia accepts Soviet military bases
- Final broadcast of The Fleischmann Hour was heard on radio
- Soviet-German treaty agree on 4th partition of Poland (WWII) and gives Lithuania to USSR, last Polish troops surrender
- Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union agree on a division of Poland after their invasion during World War II.
- Warsaw surrenders to Germany Modlin surrenders a day later the last Polish large operational unit surrenders near Kock 8 days later.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?