Tuesday 23 April 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Make Mine Music, directed by Bob Cormack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1946 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Jesus Castillo: Composer, dies at 68.
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Ed Head no-hits Boston Braves, 5-0.
- The Eastern Pennsylvania Basketball League (Which is now the CBA) is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Laughing On The Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Dinah Shore
- Cement Mixer (Put-ti Put-ti) - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Merry Macs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?