Wednesday 23 January 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Bend of the River, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1952 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Françoise Vergès: French journalist and politician, daughter of Paul Vergès, she obtained a Phd in politics at Berkeley University (USA).
- Mequinho Meching: Brazilian chess grand master, the first Brazilian to obtain the title of Great International Master in 1971.
- Omar Henry: South African cricketer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?