Wednesday 23 December 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Rio Lobo, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1970 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Naked Cowboy: .
- Catriona LeMay Doan: Canadian speed skater.
- Shannon Noelle DePuy in Lynchburg: Virginia, USA; Miss Virginia-America (1991-top 10).
- Kimberly Ann Cooley in Grand Forks: North Dakota, USA; Miss America-North Dakota (1996).
- Catriona Doan: Canadian speed skater and sportscaster.
- Raymont Harris: NFL running back (Chicago Bears).
- Karine Polwart: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Burns Unit Malinky and The Fruit Tree Foundation)
- Holly Samos: British radio presenter
- New York World Trade Center reaches highest point (411 m).
- 7,511th performance of Agatha Christie's Mousetrap (record).
- The North Tower of the World Trade Center in Manhattan, New York City is topped out at 1,368 feet (417 m), making it the tallest building in the world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?