Wednesday 23 December 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Wild One, directed by Laslo Benedek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1953 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- John Callahan in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Craig - Santa Barbara, Falcon Crest).
- Tatsumi Fujinami: Wrestler (WWF / NWA).
- Andres Alver: Estonian architect and academic.
- Gerrit Gong: American religious leader and academic.
- Belinda Lang: English actress.
- Maria Vladimirovna: Grand Duchess of Russia
- Grand Duchess: Maria Vladimirovna of Russia
- Holly Dale: Canadian film maker who works in team with Janis Cole, renowned for their documentaries. Their partnership began when they were students and together, they produced, directed and edited independent films. Their unique approach is based on a humanistic look at the odd people who live on society's fringe. Two of their early films, "Cream Soda," 1975, a student film, and "Minimum Charge No Cover," 1976, examine the seedy lives of small-time crooks in Toronto's red-light district.
- Lavrenti P Beria: soviet minister of internal security, executed.
- Dodgers 2nd baseman Jim Junior Gilliam wins NL Rookie of Year
- The Soviet Union announces officially that Lavrenti Beria has been executed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1953 and get them!