Wednesday 23 December 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Callahan in Brooklyn and Tatsumi Fujinami.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Wild One, directed by Laslo Benedek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1953 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- John Callahan in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Craig - Santa Barbara, Falcon Crest).
- Tatsumi Fujinami: Wrestler (WWF / NWA).
- Grand Duchess: Maria Vladimirovna of Russia.
- Holly Dale: Canadian film maker who works in team with Janis Cole, renowned for their documentaries.
- Andres Alver: Estonian architect and academic.
- Gerrit Gong: American religious leader and academic
- Belinda Lang: English actress
- Maria Vladimirovna: Grand Duchess of Russia
- Lavrenti P Beria: soviet minister of internal security, executed.
- Dodgers 2nd baseman Jim Junior Gilliam wins NL Rookie of Year
- The Soviet Union announces officially that Lavrenti Beria has been executed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?