Tuesday 23 September 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1924 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Pedro Joaquin Chamorro Cardenal: Nicaraguan newspaper editor (d. 1978).
- Heinrich Schultz: Estonian cultural functionary.
- Jean Piat: French stage and film actor, and writer, member of the Comédie-Française until 1972 and professor in René Simon course.
- Pedro Cardenal: Nicaraguan journalist and publisher (d. 1978).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- June Night - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Mandalay - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Night Hawk Blues - Coon-Sanders Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?