Tuesday 30 September 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1924 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Charles Quinlivan: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Actor (7 Guns to Mesa).
- Truman Capote: American writer whose books include "Other Voices, Other Rooms," 1948, "In Cold Blood," 1966 and "Answered Prayers," 1976.
- Victor Aviles Rojas: Best known as Vitín Avilés, he was a famous Puerto Rican singer of Afro-Caribbean music, especially boleros.
- Nikos Rizos: Greek actor (d. 1999).
- Allies stop checking on German navy
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?