Monday 15 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1924 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Diana Nava: Italian actress who was known for her work with her sister.
- Lucebert : Dutch illustrator and the poet-painter of the Cobra and Fifties movement.
- Bobby Short: American musician, as much a symbol of Manhattan as the Empire State Building.
- Andre Doye: .
- György Lázár: Hungarian politician 50th Prime Minister of Hungary (d. 2014).
- Anthony Johnson Showalter: Composer, dies at 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- She's Everybody's Sweetheart - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Memory Lane - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Shine - California Ramblers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?