Sunday 14 September 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1924 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- John Michael Grimes: Set Designer.
- Louis : .
- Patricia Barringer: American baseball player and accountant (d. 2007).
- Jerry Coleman: 2nd baseman / sportscaster (New York Yankees, SD Padres).
- Abioseh Nicol: Sierra Leonean-English physician academic and diplomat (d. 1994).
- Wim Polak: Dutch journalist and politician Mayor of Amsterdam (d. 1999)
- Walter Johnson elected AL MVP
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- She's Everybody's Sweetheart - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Memory Lane - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Shine - California Ramblers
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?