Sunday 28 September 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antonio Jacinto and Pierre Aigrain.
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1924 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Antonio Jacinto: Portuguese West Africa, Angolan poet.
- Pierre Aigrain: French physicist and Secretary of Research in the French Academy of Sciences, who received the 1957 Blondel Medal awarded by the Society of electricity, electronics and information technology and communication.
- Giuseppe Chiappella: Italian soccer player and manager.
- Giuseppe Chiapella: Italy sport Champion.
- Rudolf Barshai: Russian-Swiss viola player and conductor (d. 2010).
- Marcello Mastroianni: Italian-French actor and singer (d. 1996)
- 2 US Army planes end around-world flight, Seattle to Seattle, 57 stops
- French government names General Serrail Governor-General of Syria
- Gen Plutarco Calles elected President of Mexico
- Two US Army planes end around-world flight, Seattle to Seattle, 57 stops.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?