Saturday 13 September 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Red Lily, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1924 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Norman Alden in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; actor (Pilaski - Hennesey, Al - Fay).
- Scott Brady in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (China Syndrome, Gremlins, Johnny Guitar).
- Scott Brady: American actor, the brother of Lawrence Tierney; both of them were actors and alcoholics.
- Maurice Jarre: French classical composer who is best known for his Oscar winning film scores for "Lawrence of Arabia" in 1962, "Dr. Zhivago" in 1965 and "A Passage to India" in 1984.
- Norman Alden: American actor (d. 2012).
- Harold Blair: Australian tenor, Aboriginal activist (d. 1976)
- Pekka Hannikainen: Composer, dies at 69.
- 19th Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in Philadelphia (5-0)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- She's Everybody's Sweetheart - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Memory Lane - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Shine - California Ramblers
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?