Monday 23 September 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lukas Kaspar and Hossein Ka'abi.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Ran, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Comedy Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A-Train or Cosmic Soldier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1985 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Lukas Kaspar: Czech ice hockey player.
- Hossein Ka'abi: Iranian footballer.
- Damien Jouillerot: French actor, whose films include Monsieur Batignole, Malabar Princess, La Jeune Fille and les Loups.
- Tessanne Chin: Reggae Singer.
- Chris Johnson: Football Player.
- Brian Brohm: American football player
- Joba Chamberlain: American baseball player
- Maki Goto: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress (Morning Musume Nochiura Natsumi Petitmoni Gomattō and Def.Diva)
- Hossein Kaebi: Iranian footballer
- Lukáš Kašpar: Czech ice hockey player
- Mickey Simpson: Actor (Wagonmaster), dies of a heart attack at 72.
- Italian crime reporter Giancarlo Siani is killed by Camorra.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Wham! - Freedom
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Madonna - Dress You Up
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Lonely Ol' Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?