Sunday 15 September 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) by John Parr.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
After Hours, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1985 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Kayden Kross: .
- Francois-Olivier Roberge: Canadian speed skater.
- François-Olivier Roberge: Canadian speed skater.
- Cootie Williams: American jazz trumpeter (Born 1910).
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Olof Palme forms Sweden minority government
- Senate judiciary committee begins Robert Bork confirmation hearings
- Yanks trade Jim Deshaies to Astros for 40-year-old Joe Niekro
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Wham! - Freedom
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Prince - Pop Life
- Pat Benatar - Invincible
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 September 1985 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?