Tuesday 17 September 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tomas Berdych and Jose Goncalves.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
After Hours, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Comedy Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fairlight or Gyromite.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1985 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Tomas Berdych: Czech tennis player.
- Jose Goncalves: Portuguese football player.
- Alexander Ovechkin: Hockey Player.
- Jon Walker: Bassist.
- Ambers Closet: YouTube Star.
- Tomáš Berdych: Czech tennis player
- Brendan Clarke: Irish footballer
- José Gonçalves: Portuguese footballer
- Mason Raymond: Canadian ice hockey player
- Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala: Tongan prince
- Laura Ashley: Welsh-English fashion designer founded Laura Ashley plc (d. 1985).
- Soyuz T-14 carries three cosmonauts to Salyut 7 space station.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Madonna - Dress You Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?