Wednesday 24 March 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angela Zuckerman in Saint Louis and Marian Vajda.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stop! In The Name Of Love by The Supremes.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bob Morane.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1965 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Angela Zuckerman in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; speed skater (Olympics-1994).
- Marian Vajda: in Czechoslovakia; tennis star.
- Jeff Reese in Brantford: Ontario, Canada; NHL goalie (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Ben Torriero: WLAF running back (Scottish Claymores).
- The Undertaker: American professional wrestler.
- Peter Jacobson: American actor
- Kaido Kalm: Estonian ice hockey player
- Patrick Scales: British-German electric bass guitar player
- Gurmit Singh: Singaporean actor host and comedy performer
- US Ranger 9 strikes Moon, 10 miles (16 km) northeast of crater Alphonsus.
- NASA spacecraft Ranger 9, equipped to convert its signals into a form suitable for showing on domestic television, brings images of the Moon into ordinary homes before crash landing.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 March 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?