Sunday 7 March 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to My Girl by The Temptations.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Train, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1965 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Jesper Parnevik: Swedish golfer.
- Jack Armstrong: American baseball player.
- Jean-Pierre Barda: French-Swedish singer and actor (Army of Lovers).
- Steve Beuerlein: American football player, a quarterback first selected by the Los Angeles Raiders in the fourth round of the NFL draft; he was signed by the team on 7/24/1987.
- Cameron Daddo: Melbourne, Victoria -- Actor (Brian Petersen-Models Inc).
- Ottoline Leyser: British plant biologist
- [Willie] Flipper: Anderson; NFL wide receiver (Indianapolis Colts).
- Jesper Bo Parnevik in Stockholm: Sweden; PGA golfer (1995 Nestle-5th).
- Steve Beuerlein NFL quarterback (Jacksonville Jaguars: Carolina Panthers).
- Louise Mountbatten: German-Swedish wife of Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden (d. 1965).
- Alabama state troopers and 600 black protestors clash in Selma
- Christian-democrats win parliament in Chile.
- Bruce Taylor takes 5-86 in debut innings for New Zealand after ton.
- A group of 600 demonstrators from Selma, Alabama, march on the capital city of Montgomery to protest their disenfranchisement of voting rights and the earlier killing of a black man, Jimmie Lee Jackson, by a state trooper.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Zombies - Tell Her No
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Petula Clark - Downtown
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?