Tuesday 24 November 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Leader Of The Pack by The Shangri-Las.
Guns at Batasi, directed by John Guillermin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1964 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- David Rogers: American artist, a painter from a noted family, the grandson of artists Peter and Henriette Wyeth Hurd.
- Tony Rombola: American guitarist (Godsmack and Another Animal).
- Brad Sherwood: American actor and game show host.
- Garret Dillahunt: American actor.
- John Fabricius: Playwright, dies at 55.
- 30th Heisman Trophy Award: John Huarte, Notre Dame (QB)
- For 1st time since 1800, residents of Washington DC permitted to vote
- Rebellion ends in Zaire.
- Belgian paratroopers and mercenaries capture Stanleyville, but a number of hostages die in the fighting, among them Evangelical Covenant Church missionary Dr. Paul Carlson.
- Mariner program: NASA launches the Mariner 4 space probe from Cape Kennedy toward Mars to take television pictures of that planet in July 1965.
- Vietnam War: United States National Security Council members, including Robert McNamara, Dean Rusk, and Maxwell Taylor, agree to recommend a plan for a 2-stage escalation of bombing in North Vietnam, to President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 28 November - France performs underground nuclear test at Ecker in Algeria
- Gustavo Díaz Ordaz takes office as President of Mexico.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Jay & the Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- Johnny Rivers - Mountain Of Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 November 1964 and get them!