Friday 24 September 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 September 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 September
- Gennady Yanayev: Soviet politician (Born 1937).
- Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus of ABBA object to the use of the song ampquotMamma Miaampquot at rallies held by a right-wing Danish political party and threaten to sue. (BBC)
- ''The Beano'' is to feature a President of the United States for the first time in its history. (BBC)
- American satirist Stephen Colbert attracts media attention in his country by appearing before a United States Congress committee. (BBC)
- Gold prices reach a record US$1,300/oz in a prolonged rally. (MarketWatch)
- Striking pilots from the state-owned Air Zimbabwe end their two week strike that grounded flights and left passengers stranded after a pay deal with the government in Zimbabwe. (Reuters)
- In the world's largest share offer, Brazilian semi-public energy company Petrobras raises US$67 billion. (Wall Street Journal)
- The Thanet Wind Farm, the world's largest offshore wind farm, opens off the southeast coast of Thanet district in Kent, England. (AP)
- China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group invests RMB 30 billion offshore in a wind farm project in Liaoning province of northern China. (Business China)
- Facebook launches a new feature for iPhone in Canada, allowing users to automatically update their location. (''Tehran Times'')
- Chile freezes the assets of San Esteban Mining to fund the cost of the rescue effort from the 2010 Copiapó mining accident. (AFP via ''Adelaide Advertiser'')
- The government of Nigeria opens two swollen dams in Jigawa State, displacing two million people. (BBC)
- Hurricane Lisa becomes the seventh hurricane of the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season. (UPI)
- At least five people die in a freak storm in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. (Sky News Australia)
- One person is killed and 57 are injured in a train collision in Tunis. (Xinhua)
- The African Union appeals for funds to increase its force in Somalia from 8,000 to 20,000. (AP)
- Japanese prosecutors release the Chinese fishing boat captain recently captured in disputed waters in the East China Sea after pressure from the Chinese government. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton meets with the President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas to discuss an extension of the Middle East peace process. (AFP via Google News)
- A senior Nicaraguan diplomat is found dead in an apartment in New York City. (CNN)
- Judge Ronald B. Leighton of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington rules on remand that the discharge of flight nurse Maj. Margaret Witt under the Don't ask, don't tell policy violated her constitutional rights. (AP via MSNBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 September 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?