Friday 25 December 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1936 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Ismail Merchant: Indian-English director and producer (d. 2005).
- Johannes De Haan: .
- Alexandra HEOC: English Princess / Daughter of sir Angus Ogilvy.
- HRH Princess: Alexandra of Kent.
- Alexandra : British royalty, one of the most popular of the royal set, the first cousin of Queen Elizabeth II, sister to Edward, the Duke of Kent and to Michael of Kent.
- Ismail Merchant in Bombay: India; producer (Householder).
- Maurice Pierre: Composer, dies at 68.
- Ron Hamence scores 104 for South Africa versus Queensland before 4,865.
- Belgian bishops condemn fascism and communism.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Easy To Love - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
- Bing Crosby - Let's Call A Heart A Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?