Tuesday 26 March 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1940 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Bill Ind: Bishop-designate (Truro).
- James Caan: American actor; on-screen from 1963 after prior apprenticeship on stage and TV.
- Nancy Pelosi: American politician, the highest-ranking woman in congressional history.
- Fiona Kidman: New Zealand novelist, poet, scriptwriter and short story author.
- Braulio Baeza: jockey (National Horse Racing Hall of Famer).
- Spiridon Louis: Greek runner, winner of the first modern Olympics marathon (Born 1873).
- Ernest Hemingway and Benjamin Glazer premiere in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?