Tuesday 26 March 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Ind and Braulio Baeza.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1940 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Bill Ind: Bishop-designate (Truro).
- Braulio Baeza: jockey (National Horse Racing Hall of Famer).
- Servaes [J: S] Huys; Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Rod Lauren: rocker ("If I Had a Girl").
- James Caan: American actor; on-screen from 1963 after prior apprenticeship on stage and TV.
- Fiona Kidman: New Zealand novelist, poet, scriptwriter and short story author.
- Nancy Pelosi: American politician, the highest-ranking woman in congressional history. She was elected House Democratic Whip 10/10/2001 and became the first woman to become Speaker of the House after the elections of November 7, 2006 swung the balance of power to the Democrats.
- Spiridon Louis: Greek runner, winner of the first modern Olympics marathon (Born 1873).
- Ernest Hemingway and Benjamin Glazer premiere in New York City
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?