Saturday 23 March 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1940 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Luis Gasca: Rocker.
- Tariq Yunus: Actor (Bollywood, Ashanti, Deceivers).
- Ama Aidoo: Ghanaian author playwright and academic.
- 1st radio broadcast of Truth or Consequences on CBS
- All-India-Muslim League calls for a Muslim homeland.
- The Lahore Resolution (Qarardad-e-Pakistan or the then Qarardad-e-Lahore) is put forward at the Annual General Convention of the All India Muslim League.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1940 and get them!