Sunday 10 March 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Rabe in Dubuque and Francis Schwartz.
Virginia City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1940 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- David Rabe in Dubuque: Iowa, USA; playwright (Streamers).
- Francis Schwartz: Composer.
- Wayne Dyer: Psychologist (Universe Within You).
- Dean Torrence in Los Angeles: California, USA; surf music singer (Jan and Dean - "Little Old Lady from Pasadena").
- Chuck [Carlos Ray] Norris in Ryan: Oklahoma, USA; martial arts actor (Walker Texas Ranger, Missing in Action).
- Chuck Norris: American actor who built a substantial career on his skill in martial arts. After a difficult birth, he was raised in the humble conditions of an Oklahoma farm. Searching for a better life, the family moved 15 times when he was a kid. Half-Cherokee and Irish, he had little confidence until he discovered martial arts.
- David Rabe: American playwright and screenwriter
- Dean Torrence: American singer-songwriter (Jan & Dean)
- 1st US opera telecast, W2XBS, NYC, I Pagliacci
- First US opera telecast, W2XBS, New York City, New York, I Pagliacci.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?