Monday 26 December 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1938 ?
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Kwanzaa
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Bahram Beizai: Iranian playwright and film director.
- Bahram Beyzai: Iranian director producer and screenwriter.
- Robert Hamerton-Kelly: South African-American pastor scholar and author (d. 2013).
- Alamgir Kabir: Bangladeshi director producer and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Mirko Kovač: Croatian author playwright and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Bradman scores 225 South Australia vs. Queensland before Christ gets him out
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?