Tuesday 27 February 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It Happened One Night, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1934 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Roger Rosselle: Belgium sport Champion.
- N Scott Momaday: American writer.
- Ralph Nader in Winsted: Connecticut, USA; consumer advocate (Unsafe at Any Speed).
- Van Williams in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; actor (Green Hornet, Tycoon).
- [Navarre] Scott Momaday: US author (House Made of Dawn, Pulitzer 1969).
- Vincent Fourcade: French interior designer (d. 1992)
- Tim Forster: English racehorse trainer (d. 1999)
- Van Williams: Actor best known for his television role as Britt Reid/the Green Hornet and his earlier leading role as Kenny Madison in both television detective series Bourbon Street Beat (1959-60) and its sequel, Surfside 6 (1960).
- Ralph Nader: American attorney and consumer advocate who effectively changed American awareness of product viability. His work led to the Traffic Safety Act of 1968 and many other consumer safety laws.
- N Momaday: American writer, a Native American author of Kiowa descent. His work House Made of Dawn was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1969 and is considered a classic in Native American Literature. Momaday is considered the founding author in what critic Kenneth Lincoln has coined the Native American Renaissance.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 February 1934 and get them!