Thursday 22 February 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It Happened One Night, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1934 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- George "Sparky" Anderson in South Dakota: USA; baseball manager (Cincinnati Reds, Detroit Tigers).
- Thomas Paul in Chicago: Illinois, USA; bass (New York City Opera 1963-70).
- Ray Bremser: Jersey Citiy Writer.
- Sparky Anderson: American baseball player and manager (d. 2010).
- Willem Kes: Violinist / Composer / conductor, dies at 78.
- Frank Capra's ''It Happened One Night'', starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert, is released. It becomes a smash hit and the first of Capra's great screen classics. It becomes the first film to win all 5 of the major Academy Awards ampndash Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Screenplay, Best Director, and Best Picture. Gable and Colbert receive their only Oscars for this film.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?