Sunday 27 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Byrne and Terry J Hart in Pittsburgh.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Paging You.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1946 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Leslie Byrne: (Rep-D-Virginia).
- Terry J Hart in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; astronaut (STS 41C).
- Steven R Nagel in Canton: Illinois, USA; US Air Force/astronaut (STS 51-G, STS 61-A, STS 37).
- Peter Martins: Danish dancer and choreographer.
- Steven Nagel: American colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 2014).
- Ivan Reitman: Czechoslovakian-born Canadian film actor, producer and director
- Carrie Snodgress: American actress (d. 2004)
- Georgi Domitrovs National Front wins Bulgaria elections (78%)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?