Thursday 28 May 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Love Me Do by The Beatles.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1964 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Beth Herr: Middletown, Ohio -- Tennis star.
- Leisa Sheridan: Omaha, Nebraska -- Playmate (Jul, 1993).
- Armen Gilliam: American basketball player for several professional teams beginning with the Phoenix Suns right after college.
- David Baddiel: American-English comedian actor and author.
- Zsa Padilla: Filipino singer and actress (Hotdog).
- Phil Vassar: American singer-songwriter and pianist
- Armon Gilliam NBA forward (Milwaukee Bucks: New Jersey Nets).
- Beth Herr in Middletown: Ohio, USA; tennis star.
- Jeff Fenech: Australian boxer and Olympics competitor in the sport in 1984 in Los Angeles. He began his professional career that same year. Two years later, he was rated top Bantamweight by the International Boxing Federation. In 1987, with a little more heft on his body, he competed in the junior featherweight class and became a two-time world champion. By 1988, Fenech had grown into a Featherweight, became a three time world champion, becoming one of very few boxers who won titled in three or more division
- Mark MacKay in Brandon: Germany; hockey forward (Team Germany 1998).
- Christa Miller: American actress
- John Finley Williamson: conductor (Westminster Choir), dies at age 76.
- Dmitri Shostakovitch completes his 9th String quartet
- Unmanned Apollo 2 Saturn rocket test launched into Earth orbit.
- Palestine National Congress forms the Palestine Liberation Organization in Jerusalem.
- Jawaharlal Nehru cremated in New Dehli, India.
- The Palestine Liberation Organization is formed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?