Wednesday 23 December 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1925 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Andrée Putman: French designer.
- Pierre Bérégovoy: French economist.
- Albert Jacquard: French geneticist, researcher and essayist.
- Duncan Hallas: English author and politician (d. 2002).
- Rayner Unwin: British book publisher (Born 1925).
- Harry Guardino in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Monty Nash, Perry Mason, Hill Street Blues).
- Sultan Ibn Saud of Nedzjed conquers Djeddah.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?