Thursday 28 June 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1923 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Pete Candoli: American trumpet player (d. 2008).
- Adolfo Cruz: Argentinian race car driver (d. 2012).
- Gaye Stewart: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2010).
- Lloyd Labeach: Panama City, Florida -- 100m / 200m runner (1948 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Richard Doell: American geophysicist, known for developing the time scale for geomagnetic reversals with Allan V. Cox and Brent Dalrymple.
- Adolfo Schwelm Cruz: Argentine racing driver
- Dodgers lost 7-0 lead, as Phillies score 8 in bottom of 9th
- Queen Wilhelmina and Prince Henry for state visit to London
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?