Thursday 28 June 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1923 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Pete Candoli: American trumpet player (d. 2008).
- Adolfo Cruz: Argentinian race car driver (d. 2012).
- Gaye Stewart: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2010).
- Lloyd Labeach: Panama City, Florida -- 100m / 200m runner (1948 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Richard Doell: American geophysicist, known for developing the time scale for geomagnetic reversals with Allan V. Cox and Brent Dalrymple.
- Adolfo Schwelm Cruz: Argentine racing driver
- Dodgers lost 7-0 lead, as Phillies score 8 in bottom of 9th
- Queen Wilhelmina and Prince Henry for state visit to London
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?