Friday 8 June 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Maxwell-Scott and Malcolm Boyd.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1923 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Jean Maxwell-Scott: Lady-in-Waiting (Prin Alice Duchess Gloucester).
- Malcolm Boyd: American priest, civil rights and antiwar activist, and author of more than 20 books.
- Tom Cottrell: Scottish vice-chancellor, professor of chemistry, and author.
- Alice Coleman: English geographer and academic.
- Karel Goeyvaerts: Flemish composer (8 Horse Bet), dies at age 69.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Sends A Little Gift Of Roses - Sam Ash
- Bambalina - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?