Friday 30 December 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1955 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Dindo Yogo: Congolese singer (Viva La Musica Langa Langa Stars and Zaiko Langa Langa) (d. 2000).
- Rex Ingamells: Australian author and poet (d. 1955).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Dickie Valentine - Christmas Alphabet
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Ding Dong
- Max Bygraves - Meet Me On The Corner
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 1955 and get them!