Wednesday 30 December 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1936 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Giacomo Gualco: Italian politician, vice-president of his party; convicted of corruption.
- Henri Ciriani: Peruvian architect and teacher, who moved to Paris in 1964.
- United Auto Workers stage first sit-down strike, at Fisher Body Plant.
- The United Auto Workers union stages its first sit-down strike.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 1936 and get them!