Monday 30 January 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Set Fire To The Rain by Adele.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 30 January 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 January
- Police shoot and kill two people in Podor during protests over a decision by the Constitutional Council that President of Senegal Abdoulaye Wade can run for re-election. (BBC)
- Local coordination committees in Syria call for a day of remembrance for lives lost in the ongoing uprising. (CNN)
- Tibetan advocacy groups claim that as many as seven ethnic Tibetans have been killed and 60 wounded in the past week in protests in China's Sichuan province bordering Tibet. (Reuters)
- Soldiers who attempted a mutiny last week in Papua New Guinea hand their weapons over to the Deputy Prime Minister Belden Namah in return for a general amnesty. (AAP via SBS)
- Sudanese officials claim that the army has freed 14 of 29 Chinese workers held by rebels in the South Kordofan region since last Saturday. (BBC)
- A US drone airstrike kills 15 members of al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula in the Yemeni town of Lawdar in the Abyan Governorate. (Xinhua)
- The death toll from a fake medicine crisis at a cardiology hospital in Lahore, Pakistan, reaches 112. (''Express Tribune'')
- An Indonesian court in Jayapura indicts five Papuan activists for declaring independence in October. (AFP via ''The West Australian'')
- U.S. President Barack Obama answers questions about the State of the Union posed by citizens in the first-ever completely virtual interview from the White House but fails to answer the most popular questions which were related to the controversial topic of marijuana legalization. (The White House)
- Occupy DC activists are banned from camping in McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza in the US capital Washington DC. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?