Wednesday 25 January 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 25 January 2012 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 January
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising: 18 protesters are shot dead by Syrian security forces. (Naharnet)
- A Tibetan monk is shot dead in Sichuan, China, in the second violent clash this week as unrest spreads. (BBC)
- Protesters in Egypt commemorate the first anniversary of the revolution. (Al Jazeera)
- Riots break out in a prison in central Colombo, Sri Lanka, injuring 31 inmates and guards. (UPI)
- 10 people are injured in a grenade attack in southern Rwanda. (Reuters)
- A United States rescue operation in Somalia frees two foreign hostages and kills nine pirates. (''Times of India'')
- A truck bomb detonates at an Ethiopian military base in Somalia. (IOL)
- A landslide in central Papua New Guinea leaves four people dead and 60 missing. (AP)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that Iran is willing to talk about Iran's nuclear program with other leaders. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Nations says a new foreign judge at the Khmer Rouge trial can continue cases without the support of Cambodia. (AFP)
- Israeli police capture Aziz Dweik, Speaker of the Hamas-dominated Palestinian Parliament, and place him under detention for for 6 months. (Jerusalem Post)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 2012 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?