Saturday 28 January 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 28 January 2012 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 January
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising: The Arab League suspends its observer mission, citing increased violence. (Al Jazeera)
- Fires rage through Dakar after Senegal's top court rules that President Abdoulaye Wade can run for a third term in office next month and prevents his best-known opponent, Grammy Award-winning musician Youssou N'Dour, from running against him. (BBC)
- 11 Islamist militants are killed in a shootout in the northeastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri. (AFP)
- Archbishop of York Dr. John Sentamu calls on the Church of England not to permit same-sex marriage. (''The Telegraph'')
- At least 20 people are killed in a fire at a drug rehabilitation centre in Lima. (BBC)
- The African Union opens its new headquarters in Addis Ababa. (BBC)
- A German government plan is leaked proposing a eurozone ampquotbudget commissionerampquot to take control of Greece's economic affairs. (BBC)
- A police officer and four journalists associated with British tabloid ''The Sun'' are arrested in relation to the News International phone hacking scandal, by detectives investigating payments made to police by journalists. The BBC understands the four journalists are ex-deputy editor Fergus Shanahan, ex-managing editor Graham Dudman, crime editor Mike Sullivan and head of news Chris Pharo. (''The Guardian'')
- Eight sea lions are found shot dead in the U.S. state of Washington. (BBC)
- Israeli police enter the Red Cross compound and arrest two more Palestinian MPs associated with Hamas. (CNN)
- A poll finds most voters in Ireland want to see any new European Treaty put to a referendum, though the government remains undecided. (RTÉ News)
- Approximately 300 people are arrested in the US city of Oakland, California during Occupy Oakland protests. (AP via Yahoo! News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?