Thursday 30 March 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1950 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Janet Browne: English-American historian and academic.
- Beverley Hughes: English academic and politician.
- Grady Little: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Warren Snowdon: Australian educator and politician 39th Australian Minister for Veterans' Affairs.
- Dave McCurdy American politician (Representative-Democrat-Oklahoma: 1981-).
- Rupert Greenall: rock keyboardist (The Fixx).
- Robbie Coltrane: Scottish actor and comedian
- Joseph Cali in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Nick - Today's FBI).
- Leon Blum: French prime minister (Born 1872).
- Phototransistor invention announced, in Murray Hill, New Jersey, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?