Monday 30 May 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1955 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Topper Headon: English drummer and songwriter (The Clash Mirkwood and The Moors Murderers).
- Jacqueline McGlade: English-Canadian biologist ecologist and academic.
- Michael Spencer: Malaysian-English businessman.
- Caroline Swift: English lawyer and judge.
- Colm Tóibín: Irish author poet playwright and critic.
- Jake ''The Snake'' Roberts: American wrestler
- Pierre Botton: French entrepreneur, president of the P.B. Group who purchased and founded 16 companies between 1985-1991, until he went bankrupt owing 33 million French francs. He was a major right-wing "fixer" in the '80s, enjoying the company of politicians and businessmen from 1983 to 1992, entertaining jet-set luminaries to whom he generously offered plane tickets and other goodies. Following front page stories in two influential newspapers, Botton was summoned to testify and arrested for corruption on 11/
- Nicky "Topper": Headon; English drummer (Clash - "Complete Control").
- Jake Roberts: Wrestler
- KMVT TV channel 11 in Twin Falls, ID (CBS / NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- Tunisia begins domestic self governing.
- Said el-Mufti forms Jordan Government.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?