Thursday 10 August 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Hardcastle and Bill Nieder.
Morning Glory, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Alan Hardcastle: Chairman (Lloyds Regulatory Board).
- Bill Nieder: Shot putter, (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Butler-Sloss: British Lady Justice.
- Rocky Colavito in Bronx: New York, USA; baseball player (Hit four home runs in a game).
- Charles Albright: American serial killer in Dallas, Texas, known as “the eyeball killer” because his three alleged victims had their eyeballs removed.
- Doyle Brunson: American poker player who has played professionally for over 50 years. He is a two-time World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event champion, a Poker Hall of Fame inductee, and the author of several books on poker.
- Lynn Cohen: Movie Actress
- Elizabeth Butler-Sloss: Baroness Butler-Sloss English lawyer and judge
- Rocky Colavito: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Keith Duckworth: English mechanical engineer (Cosworth) (Born 1933)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?