Friday 18 August 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roman Polanski and Just Fontaine.
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1933 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Roman Polanski: French film director, noted in France and America for works that include "Rosemary's Baby" and "Chinatown.
- Just Fontaine: French football (soccer) player, best known for being the record holder for most goals scored in a single edition of the FIFA World Cup, with 13 in 1958.
- Jules Bastin: Belgian operatic bass, who made his debut in 1960 at La Monnaie, singing Charon in L'Orfeo.
- Roger Baens: Belgium sport Champion.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?