Monday 28 August 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Perez Polania and Philip French.
Rafter Romance, directed by William Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while As the Earth Turns by Gladys Hasty Carroll was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1933 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Julian Perez Polania: Colombian poet cofounder Papelípolas, literary group that bears the label of movement, emerged in the Department of Huila, in 1958.
- Philip French: English journalist critic and producer (d. 2015).
- Patrick Kalilombe: Malawian bishop and theologian (d. 2012).
- Helen Dunbar: American actress (Born 1863).
- US President Franklin Roosevelt issues Executive Order 6260, allowing exemptions to the gold ownership ban for up to $100, and for gold coins of recognized collector value.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?