Saturday 1 August 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1936). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Saint Laurent and WD Hamilton.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1936 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Yves Saint Laurent: French-Algerian designer; in the world of fashion, a once-in-a-generation designer and pace-setter.
- Yves Saint Laurent: Designer.
- WD Hamilton: British evolutionary biologist (d. 2000).
- Yves Laurent: Fashion Designer.
- W Hamilton: Egyptian-English biologist psychologist and academic (d. 2000).
- Laurie Taylor: English sociologist radio host and academic.
- Adolph Hitler opens 11th Olympic Games in Berlin
- Benjamin E Mays named President of Morehouse College