Wednesday 12 August 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoff Hamilton and Gerard Masson.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1936 ?
- Geoff Hamilton: Gardner / journalist.
- Gerard Masson: Composer.
- John Poindexter: US Chief of Staff.
- Kjell Grede: Swedish director and screenwriter.
- Hans Haacke: Cologne, Germany -- Artist (Right to Life, Dripper Boxes).
- Demo baseball game at 1936 Olympics in Berlin, world beats US, 6-5
- Diver Marjorie Gestring is youngest Olympic gold medalist (13 years 268 days).
- 120 degrees F (49 degrees C), Seymour, Texas (state record hot).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 August 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?