Tuesday 11 August 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J L Thompson and Andre Dubus.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1936 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- J L Thompson: Bishop (Bath & Wells).
- Andre Dubus: American author and educator (d. 1999).
- Susana Duijm: Venezuelan actress TV Host beauty queen model and Miss World 1955.
- Bill Monbouquette: American baseball player and coach (d. 2015).
- Jonathan Spence: English-American historian and academic.
- Blas Infante: Andalucista politician, writer, historian and musicologist, known as the father of Andalusian nationalism (Padre de la Patria Andaluza).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?