Thursday 27 August 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Hemminghaus and Philippe Labro.
The Gorgeous Hussy, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1936 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Roger Hemminghaus: American chemical engineer and CEO of Diamond Shamrock, a service station and convenience store chain with over 650 locations nationwide.
- Philippe Labro: French author, journalist and film director, who has worked for RTL, Paris Match, TF1 and Antenne 2. He is a laureate of the Prix Interallié, a French literary distinction founded in 1930, which was awarded for «L'Étudiant étranger» in 1986.
- Dewain Valentine: American sculptor and author.
- Joel Kovel: American scholar and author.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1936?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?