Friday 21 August 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mart Crowley and Wilt Chamberlain.
The Gorgeous Hussy, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1936 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Mart Crowley: Playwright (Boys in the Band).
- Wilt Chamberlain: American basketball star, 7'1" tall and a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Tarquin Olivier: English writer, the only son of actor Laurence Olivier and his first wife actress Jill Esmond.
- François Pinault: French businessman and art collector, Honorary President of the retail company Kering.
- Eric Heidsieck: Reims Musician.
- Radish Tordia: painter of Figurative Art from Georgia
- Red Sox Wes Ferrell, walks off mound when he feels he did no get good feilding, Sox suspend him
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?