Tuesday 1 February 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Flaviano Labo and Robert Moore (director).
Rubber Tires, directed by Alan Hale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1927 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Flaviano Labo: Italian lyric tenor, a headliner at the Metropolitan Opera.
- Robert Moore (director)
- Galway Kinnell in Providence: Rhode Island, USA; author (Body Rags, Book of Nightmares).
- Galway Kinnell: American poet and academic (d. 2014).