Wednesday 1 February 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joy Mangano and Brahmanandam.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Night To Remember by Walter Lord was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1956 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Joy Mangano: Inventor.
- Brahmanandam: Indian film actor.
- Mike Kitchen: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Hague Daily Newspaper reveals war crimes of Hague mayor Schokking
- WSAV TV channel 3 in Savannah, Georgia (NBC) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?